Nominate your project for a 2023 LEED Homes Award
Residential green buildings are on the rise. In 2022, over 3,500 residential projects, representing nearly 62,000 units and 84 million square feet of space, earned LEED certification.
Every year, the LEED Homes Awards celebrates LEED-certified residential projects around the world. The awards are a showcase of the innovation and impact that’s possible when green building strategies are implemented in the spaces that are most precious to us. They include both the single and multifamily sectors. Meet the 2022 LEED Homes Awards recipients.
The nominations period for the 2023 LEED Homes Awards is April 24–May 19 at 11:59 p.m. PT. All residential projects that earned LEED certification in 2022 are eligible to participate. Nominate your LEED residential project.
What the judges are looking for
The awards recognize residential projects certified in 2022 that have gone above and beyond in creating better lives for those who live in the spaces, have taken sustainability to the next level, or have supported a better quality of life for the surrounding community. The submission form provides a platform to share details on the outcomes your projects was able to achieve and the strategies used. You can also strengthen your nomination with photography that helps tell the project’s story.
LEED Homes Awards categories
- Outstanding Single Family Project, which recognizes a single family project for outstanding performance in the LEED rating system.
- Outstanding Affordable Project, which recognizes an affordable residential LEED-certified project for outstanding performance in the LEED rating system and for particular innovation above and beyond the scope, requirements and prerequisites of LEED.
- Outstanding Multifamily Project, which recognizes a multifamily housing project for outstanding performance in the LEED rating system.
- Outstanding Developer, which recognizes a developer for outstanding commitment to the LEED rating system.
- Project of the Year, which recognizes a LEED-certified project for outstanding performance in the LEED rating system and for particular innovation above and beyond the scope, requirements and prerequisites of LEED. This project is selected by a public vote—stay tuned for more details on the for the finalists.
LEED Homes Power Builders
The LEED Homes Power Builders are a group of developers and builders who have exhibited an exceptional commitment to LEED and the green building movement in the residential sector.
To be considered a Power Builder, developers and builders must have earned LEED certification (of any level) for 75% of their homes or unit count built in 2022. The 2023 LEED Homes Power Builders will be announced along with the LEED Homes Awards recipients.
Become a LEED Homes Power Builder and join this elite group of committed individuals and organizations.
Nominate your residential project for a LEED Homes Award.