A Kitchen That Works LLC
9856 NE Torvanger Rd.
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Service area: 75 miles
Service Area: Kitsap, King, San Juan Island and Snohomish Counties. Cities of Bainbridge Island, Poulsbo, Kingston, Silverdale, Bremerton, Port Orchard, Seattle, Bellevue, Issaquah, Snohomish, Anacortes.
A Kitchen That Works (AKTW) is a full service design-build firm specializing in sustainable kitchens and baths. AKTW is dedicated to protecting our natural resources while providing clients with beautiful, functional, low maintenance interior spaces.
We take great pride in our ability to accurately define each client’s vision and strive to exceed their expectations.
AKTW, along with our team of licensed and bonded professional installers and allied trades people, is dedicated to designing and building environmentally friendly residential spaces. Our base line approach is to incorporate sustainable practices in our projects by:
• specifying high durability, low maintenance materials
• incorporating energy and water efficient systems and fixtures
• being resource efficient and responsibly recycling project waste
• preserving indoor air quality
• maximizing comfort and aesthetics for long term appreciation.
Owner and principal designer, Molly McCabe, is the recipient of the Finalist Award for the 2009 Excellence in Design from Environmental Design + Construction Magazine and Seattle Homes & Lifestyles magazine Favorite Spaces (Kitchen) Award 2010.
Company founder and principal designer, Molly McCabe, AKBD, CGP, CAPS:
* Lives and works in a Built Green® home which was featured on the 2009 Bainbridge Island Eco Home & Garden Tour
*Holds the Certified Green Professional (CGP) certification from NAHB
* Operates AKTW in a sustainable manner with regards to purchasing, travel, records management, etc.
* Has published articles and lectured both locally and nationally on the subject of Sustainable Design & Construction
* AKTW is a member of the Northwest EcoBuilding Guild, Cascadia, the Home Builders Association of Kitsap County Built Green® program and Green America.
We believe that it is our civic duty to educate homeowners on their sustainable options with regards to designing and building thus allowing them to make informed decisions about their sustainable design/build choices. This is facilitated by our depth and breadth of knowledge of sustainable design and construction as well as our sustainable showroom which allows homeowners to see and experience the "gorgeous side of green". Further, we take a holistic approach to the design-build process, ensuring that we maximize the home's performance with regard to energy and water conservation.