Green Building Llc
316 Paani Pl
Paia, HI 96779
Service area: 200 miles
Service Area: We work Sate wide.
LEED for Homes Green Rating
Home Energy Audits
Energy Star Certifications
Training Services and green home classes
Energy Efficiency and Green Building consulting
RESNET HERS Rating
LEED for Homes projects across the State.
Energy Audits and Energy Star Certifications
Classes for Realtors
Trainings for Contractors and the general public.
John Bendon is proud to be at the forefront of the green building movement in Hawaii. John has accomplished a number of “firsts” in the green building field. From managing the first certified LEED New Construction project on Maui, to being the first Certified Energy Rater on the island, and instructing the first intensive State funded courses in energy efficiency and green building, John progressively pushes the green building envelope across the Islands. His combined background in project management, building science, and LEED certifications provide him with a unique perspective on how to view buildings holistically and find solutions for problems.
Designations, Certifications, and Education:
- LEED AP- Started the first LEED specific consulting firm on Maui.
- LEED AP Homes- First round of Homes APs in the State.
- Certified Energy and HERS Rater- First on the island of Maui and one of just a few in the State.
- LEED Green Rater- First on Maui and one of just several in the State.
- NAHB Green Rater- First in the State.
- EPA 608 Certification for air conditioning.
- B.A. in Environmental Studies from the University of Colorado, Boulder
- Masters Degree in Real Estate and Construction Management from Denver University (currently enrolled)
- Association of Energy Engineers- Certified Energy Auditor Training
- Montessori of Maui, Inc.: LEED AP and project management for school expansion which was awarded LEED Silver
- Custom Homes: LEED Homes project management and testing from design stage through completion of construction
- Energy Audits: Clients include the U.S. Coast Guard, the Real Estate Association of Maui, and individual residences
- Senior Independent Living Development: Project Management for an $8 Million project in Boulder County, Colorado
- Waterski Residential Development: Project Management for a $10 Million lakefront development in Colorado
Community Outreach, Awards, and Teaching:
- Former Vice Chair of the US Green Building Council Hawaii Chapter- http://www.usgbchawaii.org/
- Pacific Business New Forty under 40- Class of 2008 award for outstanding young business leaders in the community.
- Courses taught throughout the State include: Green Building and Energy Management, NEEC Building Operator Certification, and Small Business and Residential Energy Management.