Amicus Consulting Services
4080A Howard Ave
Kensington, MD 20895
Service area: 200 miles
We provide a suite of services to help maximize sustainability in any project, including:
- advanced energy audits that help occupants determine what's going in with their home and the appropriate strategies to fix problems, with an eye toward financial, comfort, health and environmental improvements;
- small and large scale residential design & building science services--marrying the art and science of green building principles, processes and products;
- landscape audits to review hydrology, soils, vegetation, and biodiversity of an occupants lawn and garden;
- landscape design to plan a highly sustainable and healthy outdoor space;
- building science forensics, to find specific problems and the best solutions
- marketing and education to help projects maximize value and asset appreciation where appropriate
- assistance to real estate professionals who are either selling or buying "green" properties
We have been directly involved with innumerable projects of various size and scope. Examples include: comprehensive design of kitchen remodels and additions; assisting with the "green staging", marketing, and presentation of homes for sale--by owner and by developers on spec; integrating Passive House principles into a project; providing forensics assistance to find what's going wrong with a project and the best fix(es); specifying the best green products for a project; assisting the GC and subcontractors with implementation throughout a project to minimize errors, omissions, delays and extra costs.
Jason Holstine, Founder and President, has more than fifteen years experience working with consumers, businesses, governments, and NGOs implementing sustainability goals and projects by creating better buildings and communities. Highlights of his experience include: conducting market transformation programs for the Energy Star program; coordinating the public-private Partnership for Advancing Technology in Housing (PATH) program; introducing the National Capital region’s first wind power utility program; consulting HUD on energy efficiency opportunities for public housing; and consulting various corporations and government agencies on training and personnel development initiatives. Jason sits on the Board of Directors of the Clean Air Partners program (responsible for the DC-Baltimore regional air quality alert program); was appointed to the Maryland State Climate Change Commission; was past chairman of the Montgomery County Energy and Air Quality Advisory Committee; and was past board member of the Chesapeake Climate Action Network and GreenHome.
Brian Uher, LEED AP, is a consultant with Amicus Consulting Services. He is LEED accredited, BPI (Building Performance Institute) certified, and HERS accredited. He has developed methods for incorporating return-on-investment with standard energy modeling and auditing techniques to quantify and extend the value of intelligently applied sustainable building techniques. His past experience includes project management in both the construction and architectural consulting industries. Brian has an executive masters degree from the University of Pennsylvania in the School of Engineering and the Wharton School of Management; a master's of science degree in molecular biology from the University of Pennsylvania and a bachelor's degree in biology from the University of Chicago. Brian currently serves as a member of the sustainable design advisory board for the Portland Cement Association; and is an active member of AIA's Washington, DC Committee on the Environment.
Our company mission is simply: "To help people live, work, play, and pray in sustainable, comfortable, healthy, affordable and responsible buildings."