Cascade Renewable Energy
3400 Innovation Court SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Service area: 200 miles
Service Area: Cascade Renewable Energy has selected, and continues to grow, a dealer network throughout the U.S. and Canada. This provides all of our customers with a local and/or regional contact for the best customer experience before, during, and after their renewable energy project is complete.
Cascade Renewable Energy designs, develops, manufactures, markets and distributes renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions tailored for residential, community, and commercial needs. As a division of Cascade Engineering, Inc., headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Cascade Renewable Energy is part of a family owned company that has been in business for over 35 years.
Cascade Engineering has been instrumental in developing new products for brands such as Herman Miller, Kohler, Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, and many more. Cascade Renewable Energy was born from this innovative spirit. The products we offer generate clean energy and/or reduce energy consumption without compromising performance.
Cascade Renewable Energy provides scalable renewable energy solutions for residential and commercial customers - including distributed solar PV and wind energy systems. We are the exclusive distributors of the SWIFT Wind Turbine in North America and manufacturer of all SWIFT Wind Turbine rotors sold worldwide. We have been selected as a preferred development partner of Northern Power Systems. Most recently, Cascade Renewable Energy was an integral part of the design and development of a cost effective, non-penetrating roof-mounted solar racking solution.
With our team's combined experience and understanding of energy technologies, we can provide you with sustainable solutions to meet your energy needs. Whether your project is small or large, wind, solar, or a hybrid, Cascade Renewable Energy is ready to tailor a solution for you.
Cascade Renewable Energy's relevant project experience includes:
• The installation of more than 500 kW of solar PV in the past 12 months (as of 3-2011).
• Turnkey provider of multiple $1,000,000+ distributed renewable energy installations in the past 12 months (as of 3-2011).
• The sale and installation of more than 120 wind turbines in 19 states.
• Manufacturer of components for the distributed renewable energy industry.
• Selected as a Preferred Development Partner of Northern Power Systems.
We also have our own solar PV lab operating on one of our Grand Rapids facilities to evaluate actual performance of different module and inverter types in the Michigan region. Some of these evaluations include, but are not limited to, performance of mono-crystalline modules to poly-crystalline modules; the study of micro-inverters compared to centralized inverters; and the evaluation of the effects on solar energy production from varying module tilt angles and tracking systems. This project gives us direct, real-time evaluation data for the use of improving our design and development of PV installations for our customers.
Cascade Renewable Energy employs a team of engineers to assist in the design and development of renewable energy technologies and customer projects. Our engineering team includes expertise in mechanical and electrical design and development. Cascade Renewable Energy has also chosen a preferred partner to increase our abilities in the aspects of structural engineering.
Training and partnership qualifications include:
• Attended and certified our own personnel in Northern Power Systems' wind turbine installation training.
• Partner of the National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL) for both performance testing of the SWIFT Wind Turbine and research regarding small and medium scale wind turbine applications.
• AWEA Member – American Wind Energy Association.
• SEIA Member – Solar Energy Industry Association.
• GLREA Member – Great Lakes Renewable Energy Association.
• Part of a family owned and operated company in business since 1973.
• Part of a well established, quality-focused company; with multiple Cascade Engineering business units maintaining ISO certifications.
• Part of a certified B-Corp, as Cascade Engineering was approved for B-Corp status in 2011.
Our philosophy is simple:
Measure... your energy usage.
Manage... your energy behavior.
Make... your own clean energy.
Our clean energy point of view:
• We believe in clean energy - not just for the environmental and social benefits, but for its long-term economic viability.
• We believe that clean energy begins with energy efficiency and ends with on-site renewable energy.
• We believe that renewable energy is ideal when it is generated near its point of use. For this reason, our team has a passion to design and implement distributed energy systems for residential and commercial customers alike.
• We are dedicated to providing the best clean energy products to meet the needs of homeowners, businesses, and organizations committed to energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives.