Abney + Abney Green Solutions
PO Box 919
Palm City, FL 34991
Service area: 200 miles
Service Area: Providing sustainable development consulting servcies throughout Florida, the Southeast and the Caribbean.
Green Home Consulting
• Serve as the conduit and ‘Point of Contact’ for coordinating, organizing and assisting in the implementation of the Green Home Certification criteria.
• Development of the Green Home Certification Guidelines -- detailing specific points targeted, associated point requirements, development of strategies to meet the point requirements, and action steps required of the responsible party.
• Assist owner, architect, builder and subcontractors in recommendations of means, methods and materials to meet the Green Homes Certification requirements.
• Facilitate, moderate and coordinate all Green Home Certification related meetings as necessary throughout the design and construction phases.
• Assist with the assembly of the final Green Home Certification submittal.
Green Home Inspections for LEED, NAHB and FGBC
• Preliminary rating meeting
• Project site inspection
• Intermediate (pre-drywall) inspection of the home and project site
• Final inspection of home and project site
• Review of documentation generated/provided by others (if not being provided by AbneyGreen)
Kyle Abney is a LEED® Accredited Professional (AP) with both Building Design & Construction (BD&C) and Homes specializations and a state licensed general contractor. As the Principal of Abney + Abney Green Solutions, Kyle brings a unique perspective to green building and sustainability initiatives. He represents in his work and approach the successful merger of his design education and work experience in both commercial and residential construction. Kyle’s background allows for “real life” knowledge to set and achieve realistic goals in green building projects that are high performance and cost effective.
Having projects that utilize the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED® for New Construction, Existing Buildings, Commercial Interiors and Homes rating systems, the Florida Green Building Coalition’s Florida Green Home, Florida Green Commercial and Florida Green Local Government standards, as well as, the National Association of Home Builder’s National Green Home Standard, Kyle has first-hand experience with all of the various certifications for both commercial and residential construction in Florida.
As a 1999 graduate of the University of Florida with a Bachelors Degree in Architectural Design, in addition to, earning a Master’s Degree in Building Construction with a concentration in Sustainable Construction in 2001, Kyle has the premier distinction of being the first person in the United States to receive a formal construction degree in green building. While at the University of Florida, he was the founding President of the first student chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). Since then he has served as a founding board member of the USGBC’s Central Florida Chapter and the USGBC’s Florida/Caribbean Regional Council. Kyle was also the Founding Chair of the Treasure Coast & Palm Beach Branch of the USGBC’s South Florida Chapter. Currently, Kyle is the South Florida Chapter’s President, sits on the Florida Green Building Coalition’s (FGBC) Board of Directors and is Chair of the FGBC’s Green Commercial Standard Committee. Kyle is also a founding and current steering committee member of the Treasure Coast Builders Association’s Green Building Council and is Co-Chair of the newly-formed Green Building Council of the Gold Coast Builders Association.
Kyle was born in Okeechobee and currently lives in Palm City with his wife and business partner, Harmony.
With over a decade in the field, Abney + Abney Green Solutions has been chosen by owners, developers, architects and contractors to guide them in all aspects of the green building process. Through practical application and comprehensive knowledge, AbneyGreen delivers sustainable development consulting through a simple framework that is tailored to meet the needs of each project while providing peace of mind and reliability to every client.
AbneyGreen has extensive knowledge and affiliations with both the U.S. Green Building Council and the Florida Green Building Coalition. By providing comprehensive green certification management, commissioniong and energy modeling services, we can meet your green needs on any type or size of green project.