New from the U.S. Green Building Council:
Helping professionals like you demonstrate and promote your green home expertise to an audience of qualified consumers.
In what is commonly being referred to as the great recession, residential green building remains a growth industry. According to Green Building Materials in the U.S., a report from research publisher SBI, the market for environmentally friendly building materials is expected to more than double, from $2.2 billion in 2006 to $4.7 billion in 2011.
Adding stimulus to that growth, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) allocated tax credits for energy efficient home renovations.
Moreover, innovations in green design and construction are lowering costs and creating tremendous opportunities for professional builders, architects, designers and contractors.
Now, GreenHomeGuide.com – provided by the U.S. Green Building Council – will help consumers and green building professionals connect, share important information and take full advantage of this evolutionary step in residential building.
Source: 2007, Green Building Materials in the U.S., SBI Research
GreenHomeGuide.com offers four essential channels of information.
Know How – features articles written by Green Home Guide staff and working professionals. Topics include:
- How green certification works
- Evaluating a home’s green qualities
- Smart ways to green your kitchen, bedroom, nursery – or any other room
- Selecting environmentally-friendly flooring, paint or furniture
- Viable options for alternative energy
- Tips for more environmentally responsible landscaping
Ask A Pro – is a Q&A forum where consumers with green home questions get actionable answers from professionals with related experience and training.
How can landscaping make my house more energy efficient? What type of insulation works best in the Northeast? Where can I find a manufacturer of truly green kitchen cabinets? How can I reduce my use of water?
If you have answers to questions like these, let us know. Your response may be published…under your own personal profile.
Find A Pro – is a professional directory that’s dedicated to helping consumers connect with experienced green home professionals in their area.
Post your free listing today, and be included in future searches for service providers who can help our growing audience fully realize their vision of green living.
Residential Programs – is a smart, up-to-date reference guide for consumers and professionals who want to:
- Explore topics like LEED certification and the Energy Star program
- Research green building associations, alliances and events, whether they be national, regional, or local
- Stay current on green building codes and policies that are applicable in any given locale
- Learn about networking opportunities involving the green building community