We currently have a water softener which uses salt. I got an ad for a ScaleRID device. Does anyone know if this works and how well?

Asked by Sharon Haislip
Brookline, MO

It's an electronic device that works by wrapping the pipes and plugging in the control module and is supposed to make the calcium stay in the water.


I have a project in Florida which a similar device was installed in 2009. It has been in continuous service and I have not heard any negative comments regarding it's performance from the owners.

Tagged In: healthy water

Do you have a question about greening your home? GreenHomeGuide invites you to Ask A Pro. Let our network of experienced green building professionals – architects, designers, contractors, electricians, energy experts, landscapers, tile & stone specialists, and more – help you find the right solution.