Is there a healthier alternative to laminated floors, or are they safe?
We were planning on installing laminated floors in our little cabin in NC. I have been reading mixed reports of health hazard .......we can't afford real wood floors. What will be a healthier alternative or, are the new laminated floors safer?? thanks alicia savino
- Consider researching reclaimed products. Look for companies that deconstruct buildings.
- Consider a cement floor. Polished cement looks awesome and is dirt cheap. If you have joists that may not be an option.
- Consider looking for flooring at a Habitat Store, if you have one near you.
- Consider a radiant heat system before you put in a new floor.
- Look for laminates that boast low or no VOCs.
Yours, Green Gary