If someone has waste from a building project, where do they find a recycler?

Asked by michael papineau
Mount Pleasant, TN


Many cities in California require already that construction and demolition debris generated during the building, remodeling, or removal of buildings needs to be recycled. This is applicable for the following materials: concrete, asphalt, drywall, wood, glass, metals, red clay brick, soil, tree trimmings, shrubs, etc.

Contact your local Building Department (City) and they will have a list of certified recycling companies and charity organizations to which you can donate salvageable materials.

Tagged In: reuse, architectural salvage

Do you have a question about greening your home? GreenHomeGuide invites you to Ask A Pro. Let our network of experienced green building professionals – architects, designers, contractors, electricians, energy experts, landscapers, tile & stone specialists, and more – help you find the right solution.