I'd like to be able to flush my tankless water heater to remove scale. What type of circulating pump do I need?

Asked by John W. Olver
Pacific Grove, CA

One heater is a Noritz, the other a Bosch. I can come up with connection adapters.


Evan Little

Answered by Evan Little

Newport Beach, CA

Surterre Properties Inc

August 18, 2010

Hi John,

I recently used these instructions on a 2-year-old Rheem tankless water heater. Only took a few hours and went very smoothly.

Good luck!

For more information:

Read "Get Optimal Performance from a Tankless Water Heater" for additional tips.

Tagged In: tankless

Do you have a question about greening your home? GreenHomeGuide invites you to Ask A Pro. Let our network of experienced green building professionals – architects, designers, contractors, electricians, energy experts, landscapers, tile & stone specialists, and more – help you find the right solution.