How do I reduce the heat entering through top floor windows on the west side?

Asked by Baron
Dallas, TX

My house has steel flat panels outside the windows that reflect alot of heat inside. 


Answered by Erik Henry

Brownsburg, IN

ELH Construction LLC

September 11, 2012

One of the least expensive ways would be to use a Low-E film that can be installed on any window to cut down on the UV and Infrared or heat transmittance through your windows.


For more information:

Read "I'm interested in solar window film and I'm not sure which product to use. Solar Guard film (with metals) or 3M Prestige (no metals)?" a Q&A answered by Florian Speier.

Tagged In: solar gain

Do you have a question about greening your home? GreenHomeGuide invites you to Ask A Pro. Let our network of experienced green building professionals – architects, designers, contractors, electricians, energy experts, landscapers, tile & stone specialists, and more – help you find the right solution.